March Madness

Gasket -
best cafe south of the Harbour Bridge
March Madness

It has been quite the month, gentle reader, but am happy to report that all is well at home camp. 

Writing, however, has certainly taken a back burner, but is never out of my mind. In the forefront is how to tackle the rather large elephant in the room, that NaNoWriMo manuscript.  Do I edit what I’ve written already, do I go back and do some more planning, perhaps redo character development; do I just plod through, pick up where I left off at the end of NaNoWriMo, and write the rest of the story down so at least it’s out of my head? Sometimes if I leave a project aside, let it simmer, the solution will present itself.  But I fear in this case it’s just me shirking from some hard work. 

So when I read the latest post from the fabulous Janice MacLeod, the author of Paris Letters, my heart sung with joy, that thrill of knowing exactly how she feels, a fellow writer struggling at that crucial point.  For her it is getting past Page 50, for me, it’s the last half of the book.  And Janice is a published author and rather clever at everything else she accomplishes, so there is hope for this little kiwi yet. 

Here’s the link to her blog post: So You Want to Write A Book

Me, I’m off to the Ruapehu Writers Festival today, where I’ll get inspiration and enthusiasm and motivation in spades, and I can’t wait!  I will duly report back with what was heard, learnt, seen, and an update on that elephant. 

Thanks for sticking with me, dear reader.

The Girls down at Ruapehu/Horopito




Comments

  1. Bravo, you will get there! Ruapehu Festival sounds fantastic and yes, we will await the exciting and thrilling motivational ideas you learn, or maybe you will just keep that to yourself and show us the product of all you have learned. I personally love to hear all of your excitement! Love the 'girls'.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts