It Is Done!

I did it!

Another year, another NaNoWriMo completed!
Oh the pain, the ecstasy, the unbelievable moment when you submit your text and it comes back that yes, you've written 50,000 words in the month of November and you are a winner!

It was a great month, with huge support from my Mr W, and an 'I can do this' mantra repeated every day I opened the laptop to Scrivener.

A few photos of the month in progress, at a cafe, a library, wherever and whenever I could grab a few minutes ...


 

Sure, it's a mess, as all first drafts can be.
Sure, the story gets a bit wonky here and there (or a lot wonky, depending on who is reading it!).
Minor characters get accidental name changes.
Sub-plots go off on their own tangents.
Real history/historical facts become blurred.
But - I've got something on paper to work with, which I didn't have in October, and ideas to explore for the main characters; Beth, Emma, Alice, Jamie ...
Facts to research.
Another 10,000 words I think to finish the novel, and then the massive re-write begins.
And I can't wait!

With Christmas holidays almost here, luxuriating in summer weather: writing and reading lists aplenty. What are your reading and writing plans for the holidays?

In the meantime, let me live again in the moment ...


Comments

Popular Posts